February 6, 2010

to dye for

happy sunday from australia!

Photobucket

today has been a relaxing day to say the least. Last night I got super dehydrated and spent the night laying in my bed rolling my eyes at a bottle of pepto bismol while my lovely boyfriend got me glasses of water by the gallons.

Photobucket

After being a lazy bum - I went out to see what my flat mates were up to. My room mate just got home from a holiday in Canada - and while she was there her Dad gave her a present from the dollar store. It was an alarm system. We all thought this was so clever and funny - seeing as we just had a break in around the corner 3 days ago. We decided it was time to try out this 99 cent peice of goodness...so we spent about an hour trying to attach the silly thing to the door to realize that it not only works..it makes the worst sound in the world.
I think my exact quote was. "I would rather someone break into our house and steal all of my things, then to have to be woken up by that horrific noise!"

Photobucket

We played a prank on my other flat mate who was coming home late from Mcdonalds..she didnt know it was set up - so we turned off all the lights and sat in the hallway with a video camera waiting for her to come in the door. One, two, three, she opens the door..her reaction was horrible. No facial expression. No movement. Just staring at us wondering "What the heck is wrong with you guys?"

Photobucket

Needless to say..this was a fun/nerdy night. Atleast I can email dollarama and say that there alarm systems are top notch.

Yesterday afternoon at the youth program that I work at we made tye-dye tshirts. Mine turned out (barely) not so good..but nathans turned out alright. We sported them today :)

Tonight we are going to a freinds house for dinner and are excited to feast on sushi, good wine and pavlova cake for dessert. Have a fantastic rest of your day! x

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet boyfriend! I hope that you are feeling better! Get plenty of rest & plenty of water!

    Gahhh I wish you had a video of your friends reaction! I started giggling at my computer thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually love how your tye-dye tank came out! and that's so sweet of nathan to take care of you while you're feeling pretty shitty. :)
    and sorry to hear about the lack of reaction by your friend in terms of that alarm system haha. i would've probably freaked out and punched the first person i saw. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! I wish it was warm where I live, I miss making tie dye shirts!

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your tie-dye shirt, actually! i think the blotchiness looks unexpected, a little quirky, and the colours blended together well. i'd definitely love to try making one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely look, i love the carefree style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tank is rockin! You're rocking it. I want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never thought i would come around on tie-dye, but i have. love the colors here...<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I like the shirt you made! I wouldn't have guessed you made it yourself! Sounds like a funny weekend. Your posts always make me smile :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading my blog. Every comment means so much to me, and I treasure every single one. Come back soon <3