January 5, 2013

Bonjour 2013!

IMG_8065.jpg_effected IMG_8060.jpg_effected Every New Years I always find myself listening to Death Cab for Cuties song 'New Year' and relating to the line '& I don't feel any different' except this year, I do. 2012 was such an exciting year for me. I went to Cuba with my Mom and for the first time in my life felt comfortable in a bikini. I came home to find out I had been accepted to my dream Art School, packed up my bags and moved to the city (with nine boxes of clothes, 3 boxes of shoes, and not much else) I made new friends. I embarrassed myself daily. I flirted with the idea of marriage and got over it around August. I ate endless cheeseburgers, made a vow to not eat cheeseburgers ever again, then started eating them a week later. I took up painting (making a whole canvas one color is my specialty, I can't do anything else) I grew a liking for beer, and a hatred for chocolate. I went to Vegas and made it out alive. I fell in love with film photography. I met a boy. I bought dog printed trousers and wore them with pride. I laughed the entire year through, and only lit my food on fire once (okaaaaaay maybe twice)


All in all 2012 was one of my favorite years to date, and I am so excited for what 2013 has in store. What was your favorite moment of 2012? Happy New Year my friends, I hope its your best one yet! x

Shirt - H&M
Necklace & Skirt - Forever 21
Booties - Little Burgundy

IMG_8056.jpg_effected IMG_8076.JPG_effected

15 comments:

  1. Aww glad you had such a good year cutie! You look adorable as ever here in these pictures! Here's to a braw 2013! :D Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your skirt <3

    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just the most perfect. And also the only person who could ever pull off hot pink. :) So excited to see you blog more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute! cheers to a new year with new opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos love this adorable outfit!
    Thanks for sweet comments on my blog, visit back soon :)

    http://fashionyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy i stumbled across your blog. love it, you're gorgeous girl xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, you look SO lovely! 2012 really sounds like it was your year, but I just know 2013 will be equally amazing for you! Here's to a great year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite holiday NYE song is "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues. I LOVE that song. Cute blog btw.

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH that comment you left me on my blog made my day!!!! XOXO I love your blog, too, so I'm glad you commented haha, glad to have discovered you! :) I'm your newest GFC follower (just so you can get the additional number ;) ) and bloglovin follower (because IM ACTUALLY FOLLOWING YOU!). Haha :) Can't wait to see more from you!
    XO
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Enter my Fifth and Orient giveaway and check back everyday this week for ANOTHER new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loveee your blog. :)
    I am following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful skirt and necklace!! you look lovely my dear xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful outfit! You look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh Kate, I'm so happy I found your blog!
    Your memories of 2012 are beautiful - I'd have to say one of my favourite memories from 2012 is that I started my blog!
    Looking forward to exploring "Postcards From"!
    All the best to you in 2013 :)
    -Carley

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a huge pink person but that skirt is such a perfect shade. Love the lacy detail as well.

    Now following you :)

    Wardrobe Quarry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I 'm so glad you could come across this site ,
    and we hope to establish good relations with you.
    greetings from me ( Seo Milanisti )
    peninggi badan | obat peninggi badan super cepat | obat peninggi badan

    pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan super cepat

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading my blog. Every comment means so much to me, and I treasure every single one. Come back soon <3