July 6, 2010

Blogger Of The Month - Round Two

For my 2nd Blogger of The Month - I wanted to feature Beatrice of 'Dear Beatrice'. I love this girl! I think she is probably the one blogger where I would absolutely love to wear every single peice that she owns. I would raid her closet in a minute. And Im not just in love with all of her clothing, but the amount of amazing jewelery this girl owns is amazing. Not only is she a full time blogger - she is a fashion designer, jewelery maker, shop owner, and art lover. So much more to this beauty than meets the eye. Have fun reading the questions and answers with dearest Beatrice, and go check out her blog, and shop!

IMG_3860


Tell us a bit about Dear Beatrice when she is away from the world wide web Well, when she is away from the internet, she is a full time designer at Tulle and loves little adventures on the weekends, even if it's just to the library.



Why did you start a fashion blog?
I started my blog last year in June randomly as a way to organize and archive my outfit photos. At the time I had been using Flickr, but I wanted something more personal and made the switch to blogging.

IMG_2281


You make alot of your own clothing and accesories, tell us a bit about how you got started making your darling creations.
I have always been really crafty and made little things here and there as a kid, but I started to make myself real clothing when I was a teenager. At first it was just really simple things like skirts or tote bags, but when I learned how to make patterns in fashion school I started making my own real clothing. As for jewelry, I used to make little rings and such made out of tiny beads as a little one but didn't start making anything like in my shop until recently this year. I made them for myself at first but it kind of got out of control and before I knew it there were a lot of pieces and then I thought, well why not?! so in the shop they went.

5.27details


What is one tip that you would give to a new designer or etsy shop owner who is just starting out in the fashion world? My tip is to just go for it! Even if you don't think you can or you're not good enough, apply yourself to anything you want and you'll be surprised at what you can achieve. It's like they say, you never know until you've tried it and I couldn't agree more!


If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you choose and why?
Frida Kahlo hands down! She is a huge inspiration and influence. She is also the reason why I started painting when I was 14.

IMG_5695



What do you not mind spending a little extra on when you are out shopping?
When it comes to shoes and sunglasses I will not compromise and spend the extra money on them. I do have my limits though and spending anything on said items over $300 is where I draw the line.

What is your number one fashion tip?
Always wear what you want, but make sure it fits properly! Nobody likes the muffin top look!!

IMG_5726

What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
A couple years ago I made myself a black cotton skirt with an elastic waist and pockets that I wear all the time! It's definitely my favorite because it's so practical and goes with anything and everything.


What is your next must have purchase?
My next must have purchase is an oversized floral bag. I have my eye on a vintage one, but it's a bit pricey so this one will sadly have to wait.


What is your favorite flavor of icecream?
Vanilla bean! Nothing tops it, it's just so darn good.

lululettycollar


Where do you hope to see yourself in the next few years? Hopefully I'll be living in either Portland, Oregon or NYC working full time on my own clothing line.


What are some of your favorite blogs?
I follow a lot of blogs and love them, but there are a few that are always on my daily reads like Lulu Letty, Idee Geniale, A Thought is the Blossom, Liebemarlene Vintage, Time Enough for Drums, and Style Scrapbook.


What style do you think will never get old? Well, fashion is constantly changing and new trends always emerge, but the thing is these "new" trends aren't even new, just recycled. But if I had to pick one that I see never "getting old" is the nautical trend. It always comes and goes, even as a little kid and looking back at old pictures and magazines I see it, it's there!

IMG_47864.13details



And lastly, how big is your jewelery box? (you have the best collection of jewelery!!)
Thanks Kate! Surprisingly though, it's not that big! I have a small jewelry box where I keep my real jewelry (like gold and silver pieces), a small plastic storage drawer for the bracelets, an even smaller box for my earrings, and keep all other rings and necklaces on one of those behind the door organizers (small sized). I always like to get rid of something old (like donating) when I bring in something new.

IMG_5488

19 comments:

  1. great interview! She is so cute. I love all of her outfits, what a unique style she has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly beautiful objects, especially the rings!! love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and stylish blogger! I am almost ashamed with myself that I havn't been following her! Haha, great feature :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Beatrice is so sweet and has amazing style, so glad she was featured <3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it's so good to meet Beatrice! Never seen her before. Thanks for featuring, miss kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, she's so lovely...! I love her amazing style..

    http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww she's gorgeous and i'm jealous that she's a designer at tulle! it sounds like a fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks amazing - i'm definitely going to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE her blog & want every piece of clothing she wears. she is gorgeous & very jealous of her sewing skills!!! xoxo

    sockmonkeyandgee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...love her style (and vanilla bean ice cream is the BEST!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would definitely love to wear all her clothes as well she has such great style, and I can't believe she manages to do all those things and still have time for everything else as well!

    xx

    www.anadorablecliche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome interview --- love the questions and the answers! it's really great to find out about other style bloggers...will definitely Dear Beatrice!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look amazing in every single pic darling!
    have a look at
    www.modemuffins.blogspot.com
    kisses from 3 italian firends =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an awesome feature! I've been following Beatrice's blog for a while now so this is really cool! She's so creative and talented! :)

    ♥ Teresa ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it, so perfect

    http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How's project layout change going? I can see your background is purple, but underneath the floral background and you changed your outer wrapper width to 1000px? If you need more help, just email me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hhh yes.. i love her too!!! her whimsical outfits always leave me in awe!!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoy your blog, how sweet :))
    I think you will like mine too, I'd be glad if you checked it out :))

    Can't wait to hear from you hon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading my blog. Every comment means so much to me, and I treasure every single one. Come back soon <3